Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

R-13 COMPRESSOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naifmbo

Mechanical
Feb 23, 2002
SA
HI,
CAN I USE R-13 IN R-22'S COMPRESSORS FOR VERY LOW TEMP APPLICATION ? WHAT ABOUT OIL?

THANK YOU.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I used R23, which is the replacement of R13 in a cascade system before. Why do you still want to use R13? I wanted to tried Suva 95,but could not get the system component. However, the ability of the compressor to handle the refrigerant is related to the pressure. If you could design a system in such way that the discharge pressure is within range, you should be able to use r13/r23 on a compressor you normally use R22 (you need a large tank in the system to reduce the gas pressure when the system is off and at ambient temperature). The type of oil you should use is related to the type of refrigerant you are using (CFC/HCFC/HFC).

I could tell you a bit more if I know more about the requirement of your job.

Cheers,

Hi,
i have an envirnomental chamber with 2 circuits (R22 and R13), that chamber cooling an industrial samples to -60c. Ambient temperature may reach 35-40 c, both circuits has the same compressor :COPELAND DKJB-75EWL.

Thankyou wzal,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back