Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAM Elements Direct Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

staceyb68

Structural
Apr 22, 2011
US
thread1342-254809

I am at a new job which has RAM Elements already in use. In the above thread the last comment posted was by FDiego stating, "The Direct Analysis Method will be implemented together with the AISC 360-10 Specification and released in early April 2011."

Has this happened? I have Release 13, and I can't figure out how to reduce the stiffnesses. What is the status on the Direct Analysis Method for RAM Elements? Does RAM Elements have this capability? Not just a second-order analysis with notional loads that considers P-Delta and P-delta effects? And if it does have this capability, does it extend to both LRFD and ASD?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello staceyb68,
You will not find the AISC Direct Analysis Method explicitly in v13.0 of RAM Elements. We apologize for delay, but we are in midst of a major consolidation/development effort that will deliver this and a whole lot more (e.g. automatic wind load generation, line supports, etc.) features that RAM Elements users have been requesting.

However, one of my colleagues wrote a nice article on how to handle DAM in RAM Elements that you might want to check out:

If you want to contact me separately, we can see if your project is something we can analyze in our other products to determine if second order is critical.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back