Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAM Elements Masonry

Status
Not open for further replies.

strguy11

Structural
Nov 29, 2005
US
Has anyone out there used the RAM Elements Masonry module? I am wondering how the module determines properties for stacked bond masonry. It does not appear that there is much change from the running bond masonry. The masonry code requires a different effective width to be used in the design, but I cant see where this is taken into account in the results. The results look the same for both a stacked bond and running bond condition..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello strguy11,
Currently the module is using the block dimension stated in Table 1 of the ASTM C-90, where the dimensions are not related to the bond type. The wall weight for partially grouted walls is obtained from the TEK 14-13A where there is no relation to the bond type either.

The bond type is being used only to determine the allowable tensile stress according to Table 2.2.3.2 (ACI 530-05).

For future questions related to RAM Elements, I would advise you to contact Bentley's Tech Support at support@bentley.com or

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back