Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Random Blocks of Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdas04

Mechanical
Jun 25, 2002
US
I'm using AutoCad 2008 and CadWorx 2010. I've got a file of unrelated 3D piping configurations (for the tie in points on a pipeline project, each one is different). I've got the layouts looking exactly like I want them using the "3D Hidden" visual representation. When I plot it either to the plotter or to .pdf, it takes 10-15 minutes and I get random blocks the color of the current layer like in the attached file.

I get the same thing when I use visual styles of "Realistic" or "Conceptual". The only one that doesn't do it is wireframe, but I really have a hard time picking details out of wireframe.

I thought it might be a memory thing and I closed everything but AutoCad (including CadWorx) and got the same result. Anyone have any ideas?

David

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Even though I never got a response to this I thought I'd close the loop in case anyone else has this problem.

Reading thread thread555-303675 I saw a post that said that re-executing the hatch command had a tendency to bulk up AutoCad files. I started wondering if CadWorx 2010 (which had more hatching and shading than I realized) might be the problem. I re-installed CadWorx 2008 to go with my AutoCad 2008 and the problem went away.

So if anyone else has the random-blobs-of-color problem using CadWorx you might make sure that the version of CadWorx matches the version of AutoCad. I don't know why this worked, but it seems to have worked.

David

I appreciate you posting your success in eliminating your problem!

You never know when that knowledge will help any of us.

Cheers . . . Rocky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back