Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reassociating drafting entities 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

64polara

Aerospace
Jan 8, 2003
US
Drafting in NX9 and having issues re-associating dimensions, labels, ID symbols, Feature control frames, etc.

Regardless if it has been a major model update or minor I am having issues re-associating entities.
When I double click the entity to edit I get the message 'Disassociated leader or origin data must be corrected before full modifications are permitted' I will then select Origin, Origin tool icon, hit apply and the entity sometimes re-associates.

I do have the end point, mid point, arc center icons, etc. all turned on for selection.
Never had a real serious problem with this issue until NX9.

Any idea why sometimes I have to select the origin tool and apply?

Wayne Huseby
Drafting Checker
Goodrich Corp
Jamestown, ND 58401

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Once you are sure the dimension is re-associated to the correct geometry, try this. Select the dimension, and hold the ALT key, and move the dimension a little bit. This will decouple any association to a view, that the dimension may have.

-Dave

NX 9, Teamcenter 10

Gunman
Guess I should have made myself more clear. if I don't select the origin tool and hit apply it is not reassociated in many cases. Selecting the origin tool and apply finishes the re-association so it is good. Just why do I have to select origin tool to finish the process.

Wayne Huseby
Drafting Checker
Goodrich Corp
Jamestown, ND 58401

If you know that you do not want the dimension origin to be associative, you can change the option before placing the dimension. Dialog memory should keep your desired setting until you change it. You can change the setting to "non-associative" - the dimension snaps to other objects, but is not associated to them; or "off" - the dimension does not snap to other objects.

download.aspx

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back