Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reciprocal mechanism with 180degree rotation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuckabag

Petroleum
May 10, 2010
AU
Hi All.
I'm looking for a mechanism that is reciprocal (driven by double acting air piston motor) that can also rotate the driven shaft 180degree from start of stroke to end of stroke and then rotate back to original position on the return stroke of the air motor.
I just cant wrap my head around the right search term to investigate what this mechanism is called and/or how others have done this.
Appreciate any keywords, etc I should be looking at.
Cheers and Merry X-Mas to you all.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry, I was a few beers and waaay too much Xmas dinner deep when I posted and did an ordinary job of describing what I'm trying to achieve.
I have a shaft attached to a 2 way piston motor that provides reciprocal movement. What I'd also like to achieve is 180deg rotation of the shaft as it strokes. So turn 180deg during a down stroke and then rotate back to the original orientation during the return stroke.
I need the same function as per the attached pic, but they use a rotary mechanism with an eccentric. I only have a recip motor available.
Thanks.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=93a6b968-c862-4950-a82a-ee20e4e6b29d&file=images_(1).png
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Thanks @hydtools for the advice, I'll see if I can get a yankee drill type mechanism to achieve what I'm aiming for.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back