Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference for Stellite? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssinclair

Mechanical
May 11, 2002
US
Does anyone know a good reference source for properties of cobalt alloys (namely stellite or equivalent)? Are there any books or articles that compare the different alloys and the applications that they are used in, limitations, etc?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ASM International has definitive references on anything material related. One book you would probably be interested in acquiring is the ASM SPECIALTY HANDBOOK Nickel, Cobalt, and Their Alloys. You can obtain it via their website, Did you check the website for Stellite? It is which may have some information on properties, etc.

I'm sure there are many papers that have published about the various Stellite alloys. You should try some searching using the following:
General websearch using Google-- Scientific search using Cambridge Scientific Abstracts--
I would recommend visiting the closest University library (Engineering library if they have multiple locations) to review their resources. You should at minimum be able to perform a thorough review of any major publication using Cambridge Scientific Abstracts or something similar (Metadex, Comdex, etc.)

There was a previous thread on stellite here at eng-tips. The link to it is here-- thread330-23518

I tried a few days ago to find on the web properties of X40 cobalt superalloy, which is also known as Stellite 31, also on the Stellite site. I found almost nothing...
here some references :
Superalloys II, SIMS C.T., STOLOFF N.S., HAGEL W.C.( Editors), J. Wiley &Sons (1987)
Metals Handbook, 10th edition, Volume 1, Eds DAVIS J.R., MILLS K.M. et al., ASM-International (1990)

try this site!
it might help u in attaining the required information.
this site claims that it provide the comparison betwwen different materials. and i have myself seen it provides the chemical, thermal and physical properties of a lot of materials and their alloys.

its

hope u find what u need

waqahmad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back