Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Relay boards 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

malinimv

Mechanical
Dec 17, 2004
US
I need to know if relay boards (a series of relays connected to a PLC's output point to facilitate easier maintenance) are popular here in the US. If so, who are the manufacturers ?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Malini

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What are the outputs that are being fired? What voltages are you using?
Sure, it is common place to use relays that have their coils energized by the output of a PLC.

For example, you may need to fire a 120 VAC solenoid, but your PLC operates off of 24VDC. Or, you may be interfacing control signals between two systems... etc.

From a maintenance point of view, the less hardware involved in the circuit the better. I'd rather verify the LED and possibly test the voltage on an output, opposed to tracing the circuit, finding the relay, and then verifing that those contacts are pulling in too (especially when time is money, and downtime isn't an option).

Is the PLC application modular? Does it use cards? I would opt for relay output cards, or the proper voltage output cards. If you are switching high loads, then a relay or starter will be necessary.

Hi,
What you're talking about is a Schrack relay with DIN rail mount base.
Part number is MT221024 for a DPCO with 24Vdc coil (common for PLC output cards, but check first!)
These relays have a "forcing" lever which allows you to perform some additional checking without having to force the PLC output & is quite useful in commissioning.
Link to the website!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back