Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

remove drafting attribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

moog3

Marine/Ocean
Nov 29, 2022
AU
this is probably very easy, but I can't figure it out...
I want to remove one of my attributes from the draft file, if i delete it, all it does is remove the valve not the whole attribute.
anyone have a solution?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jerry,
I read the link, It didn't help me remove my attribute.
Mine doesn't have any related expression attatched to it for me to delete, but it still won't go.
I can't understand why a draft file is so much different to a part file since they are basically the same, I can remove attributes from a part file easily.

I even created some test part and test drwg files from Blank templates, I can add and delete attributes with no problem, and get no related expressions

Cowski,
i've had a look in there, it doesn't seem to be used, I dont see any of my attributes in there so can't delete any.
i've never used this feature, and dont understand its purpose.

Which attribute are you having trouble with?
Note that the material attributes are system attributes controlled by NX. I don't think they can be deleted once they are created. See customer defaults -> gateway -> materials/mass -> part attributes.

www.nxjournaling.com

I don't have NX2007 installed, but using NX2206 I can delete any (and all) part attributes in the "no category" section with no issues.
Maybe it is an NX2007 specific problem? You might want to file an IR with your VAR and/or Siemens support.

www.nxjournaling.com

Is that specific attribute causing any issues if left where it is ?

Regards, Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back