Requirements to sell pressure equipment in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolloo

Industrial
Mar 12, 2022
IT
Good morning,

I am an inspector of an Italian body certification according to the PED (pressure equipment directive) 2014/68/UE.

I have questions relating to two different customers that would also like to sell in the USA

1)

A customer builds skids for the production of compressed air consisting of a compressor, vessel, piping and safety valve

- Does the vessel have to be ASME U STAMP?

- Does the piping have to be calculated according to ASME B31.3, welding performed according to ASME IX and nondestructive examination performed according to ASME V?

- Does the piping have be ASME PP STAMP?

-For avoid welding and nondestructive examination can be used tube fittings?

- Does the pressure safety valve have to be UV STAMP?

2)

A customer builds pressure-retaining covers for vessel openings, these must be ASME STAMP?

Thanks for the support

Best regards

Lorenzo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks 0707

For vessel I understand that there is a National Board for each State that has STAMP requirements and exclusions

To be sold in USA, is an Accessory sufficient to be built following standards such as asme V, VIII and IX or must it be marked U STAMP?

To be sold in USA, is an Piping of compressed air skid sufficient to be built following standards such as asme V, B31.3 and IX or must it be marked PP STAMP?

Regards

Lorenzo

All the vessel to be used in USA shall have National Board (NB) No. registered. To have that registered NB no, the Vessel must be U-Stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back