Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Retaining Wall Softwares 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBengineer

Geotechnical
Aug 22, 2022
US
I have recently been assigned a few retaining walls jobs with some being segmented retaining wall, some soldier pile and looking into other possible alternatives for some of these walls. most of these walls are cut walls and 2 of them require temp retaining before final excavation. I haven't found much on this forum about Deepex and was wondering if there are any obvious problems with this software i may be missing. and am also asking for possible long term use of this software so if anyone has any recommendations that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am DeepEX user for a few years now. Slowly building up the modules as I went along. The software is very sophisticated as mentioned above. Maybe too sophisticated. LOL. Compared with say Wallap or Reward which I have used before, Deepex has tons of inputs which can be very daunting. As with any softwares, there are bugs which you can raise and they will look into getting them corrected.

The two Dimitrios who runs the companies are very helpful and know their geotechnical field inside out. If you are in the States, they do give regular (paid) seminars or webinars to users of the software.

Not promoting. Just a user of their software.

Just to add on what I have posted above. I have since got myself Reward 2.8 from the UK to help with my cofferdam design. I read in the deepexcavation guidebook to actually have different software to analyse the same problem so I can compare the two results. Not going to argue with the expert. Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back