Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reverse Isometric 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmeyers

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2005
US
Does anyone know a way to create a perfect reverse isometric view in SolidWorks? If possible, using a standard set of rotation commands, or even better, if anyone has a macro for it, that would be great!

I searched the forums for this information and was amazed to not match a single result. I get asked this question all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are a few threads on this subject, but the terminology you used probably didn't register. The FAQ has a macro for this.
IsoViews - All 8 of them faq559-529

Flores
SW06 SP3.0

dmeyers,

There's a couple of threads out there on this with links to macros that will do 8 or 16 iso views.

The quick and easy no macro solution that I've found is to use the "update standard views" button on View Orientation pop-up box. Pick the side you want to be the "front" (bottom left face in an Iso view), highlight front in the view select box and hit "update standard views". Then pick isometric and save the view. You can then reset the standard views with the eponymous button.

-b

This is the updated macro to work with 2005 & 2006
faq559-1180

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

Tool > Macros > New then paste the code into the file

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back