Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reyrolle solkor relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocker9

Electrical
Apr 15, 2009
GB
Guys, I would like to know if a Solkor relay can be used for transformer protection. I understand that the Solkor relay is used for zone protection but I came across 4 transformer feeders today that have Solkor relays connected to it. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi.
Im not shure, you have check manual.
If I remebare right, Solkor is only line differential, 87L, that means w/o option trafo protection in zone.
Best Regards.
Slava

There are quite a few types of Solkor relay - which one are you talking about?

From the old Reyrolle product range you would normally use a Duo-bias relay for transformer protection. The present-day Solkors were designed as high speed differential relays for line protection. I think the older Solkor types included busbar protection: the Solkor name goes back at least 50 years and probably longer.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

The relay that I'm working with is an old Solkor R
serial no:A3B377
It has abt 5 studs on the front(assuming that this is resistance settings) that add upto 490.

From memory the Solkor R can be configured to allow a tapped feeder such as a transformer within the differential zone provided the tapped load is not large relative to the main circuit - is this a description which fits your transformer feeders? Another possibility is that the relay is being used as part of an injection intertripping scheme.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back