Road Vehicle Aerodynamics 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmrowley

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2007
GB
Dear engineers,

As part of a course I am doing I am to complete a project on road vehicles aerodynamics. The brief is as follows:

Undertake a rigorous study of independent reports, books, articles, etc, on the subject to establish the differences between the extremes of current vehicles. For example, choose two vehicles from the high price end of the market and two that are at the low end price. Discuss what methods are used to improve the aerodynamics, how effective they are and could some of them be introduced in the lower price range vehicles and if so, at what cost?

Just wondering if anyone can supply me with or point me in the right direction of some decent vehicle aerodynamic information, I have searched the net but all I can find are the general aerodynamic principles and time is running out.

Look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i'd llok at the manufactures sites ... i'd expect to see PR type stuff about wind tunnel modelling and CAE modelling. i'd expect to see more engineering going into the higher priced models, together with higher performance and better ride (and more effort to optimise these competing objectives).

IRstuff,

Thank you for you comment and I respect your views.

I have read and fully understand the rules on students postings. I am a a practicing engineer and I am attending a course as part of my continuous career development. I am not actually asking for answers to a piece of homework as such, just for fellow engineers to point me in the direction of some aerodynamic resources.

Jmrowley (Mechanical)
I would suggest Motor Vehicle Dynamics: Modeling and Simulation By Giancarlo Genta. But looking at your background you may have read it already.
B.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back