Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

robotics vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabal

Dec 9, 2002
FR
hello
I`m trying to connect a camera to my robots to see on my computer what he see but i don`t know how to make the soft to acquir the picture on my pc and how to make myself the video transmitter because its a little bit expensive in kits..

my project is to drive my robot without beeing whit him in the same flat with my computer ..

regards
francois
kabalia@yahoo.fr

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you're going to have to use wireless video stystems such as you'll find on the Web. I don't think it's practical to build your own wireless video system.

PS. The difference between NTSC and PAL is in the number of scan lines. Unfortunately for those of us in North America PAL is vastly superior.

in first thanks for your interest to my question .
In french we use offently SECAM but PAL or NTSC is ofen too.
But i don t know the range i could have with a wireless one and if it work ,if im with my computer completely close to my robot .
but if i could reach the robot if he is not in the same room for exemple anyone with a good transmitter can reach it and give orders or watch the back of the camera.?

Peut être devrais tu rechercher chez Selectronic, qui vend des cameras miniatures et des transmetteurs HF, à prix raisonables...

Perhaps will you have a look at Selectronic, who sells mini cams and HF transmitters, at low prices...

The wirless cameras have some security in it,so any other person will not be able to watch it.Cheap camera are available as low as $70 with a good range.There are ways to haveyour own RF video telemery system but will be much costlier than off the shelf wireless cams

Check out the X-10 Wireless Camera's. They have pretty good software and are really easy to use. You should be able to see the images close to real time from a couple rooms away. If that isn't powerful enough, I know one engineer that dismantled an X-10 Camera, substituted a more powerful amplifier for the broadcast signal. He actually mounted the camera in the nose cone of a Model rocket and launched it and was able to record the entire flight.

Good Luck!

hi, i suggest you to open up a web camera, and mount it over your robot,
you can connect it to ur USB port
and if the USB cable bothers you, you can go for infrared/FM transceivers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back