Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RS 500 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

journeyman1963

Electrical
Jun 25, 2007
US
Hello, I am new here. I am a licensed electrician in a can plant in Minnesota. I recently ran across a strange error I have never seen before. We have 2 laptops w/ RS 5/RS500 and RS5000 software. The newer laptop we carry the RS500 key in the registry. The second (older laptop) we use the AB RS 500 ENGLISH STANDARD EDITION MASTERDISK (3.5" floppy) as the key to access our software with. In the old laptop it works fine w/ the Masterdisk. We also backup our programs on our plant server through our desktop PC. Early this morning I accessed those programs again using the MASTERDISK and it worked fine on the desktop PC. Now when I try to access any of these backup programs ONLY on the desktop, I get a %1 in %2 error within a RS 500 dialog box. Even if I try to access a RS 500 program on an external flash drive on the desktop, I get the same message. I tried accessing NON AB files on different floppy disks to see if there is a problem on our desktop floopy drive and it works fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.......

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ADMIN RIGHTS on the PC will cause this. Have some one log on the PC as Administrator and verify if you can open or not.

After receiving admin rights
a. logon to pc
b. in windows explorer, go to c:\program files\rockwell software\rslogix 500 english
right click on folder and go to properties
c. click on the security tab, add the appropriate users and give that user full control

Note: this should also be done on the rscommon folder AND rslinx folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back