Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RT and UT to Deaerators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asya

Mechanical
Apr 3, 2015
KZ
Hello Guys!
is it necessary to apply 100% RT and UT to Deaerator as it handles water only? In addition, if I apply to the 100 % RT and UT, the fabrication is very difficult and more expensive than Full RT, is it right? i am newly in this field , that's why I need info why it so?thank u

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The nondestructive testing (NDT) requirements you have stated go above and beyond pressure vessel code NDT requirements (by ASME). So, no you do not need the more stringent NDT requirements unless the client is requesting them specifically and willing to pay for them.

There are enough cases of catastrophic weld failures in DA service that some clients require extra testing. It is important to define which welds are to be tested, and what fraction of them (100%, 10% or whatever), and what the resolution of the test should be.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, Plymouth Tube

normally, manufacturing process follow relative fabrication and inspection codes & standards.
so choosing appropriate NDT method and proportion is up to ASME or owener specification.
and if have some special case, such as due to design or materials issue, we can add more strigent inspection requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back