Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save drawing CGM data

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsh27

Industrial
Apr 18, 2016
ES
Hi everyone,

There is a parameter set in my NX11 where the option "Save drawing CGM data" is enabled.

Could someone tell me for what can I use the cgm? where is saving this file?

Thanks in advance,

Airin
NX Designer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

are you using Teamcenter or using Vis mock up? If so you can use this data to do an overlay compare of two different revision against each other to verify changes. I am sure there are other reasons, but this is what we mainly use it for.

We use it to generate (team-center Dispatcher) our PDF's in the Release process. It is much faster to create a pdf from a cgm than having to open the drawing in NX and generate it.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

Thanks to all.

We don´t use teamcenter or Vis Mock-up.

So I think it won´t be necessary.

Best regards,

Airin
NX Designer

There is also a "track changes" command in native NX that will compare the previous drawing to the current drawing. It saves some CGM data to do the comparisons, but I don't know if it is directly related to the "save CGM data" save option.

www.nxjournaling.com

Hello Cowski,

Yes, I thought the same, that it will be usefull to track changes. But I saved the drawing with this option enabled. After that, I tried to use the command "Track Drawing Overlay" and also "Visual Overlay", but the next message appears: "No snapshot data exists in the current drawing file. Select the Create Snapshot Data option to create snapshot data."

Therefore, I create the requested snapshot data. When I click "Create Overlay Data" I see in the Status Line: "Writing CGM"

I really don´t understand this option.[3eyes]

Airin
NX Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back