save parts of an assembly internally

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkakth

Mechanical
Sep 29, 2015
SE
Hello dear colleagues

Is there a way to save a CATIA - native assembly, which contains all the parts into the *.cadproduct file ?
For an example i have an *.cadproduct which has three parts inside. In windows explorer i see 4 files (3x *.cadpart and 1x *.cadproduct). Can I have just one file which keeps everything inside (i know it will be way greater in size) ?

thanks and regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can translate your product into a part. Be aware that in this case, every part becomes a dead body with a solid inside.
Annotation_2023-07-20_144302_cvly3z.jpg

It looks like this.
Annotation_2023-07-20_144640_phclhh.jpg

thank you for your response Sir, but thats not what i aim for... My intent is to preserve assembly and its parts structure inside, but have everything as a single file outside CATIA

...in Solidworks there was a "save assembly internally" functionality, assuming that CATIA is from the same developer, i hope such thing can be achieved...

thanks anyway for your responsiveness and readiness to answer ! it is appreciated !

kind regards

They share the same developer, but Solidworks and Catia take a whole different approach at CAD modeling and co. There is no solution in Catia to contain everything in one file.
If you're under a company, maybe it's time for investing in PLM for eg. TeamCenter. Storing data locally in-house is a thing of the past. If your intent is to save space or just to have fewer files in a folder, then PLM is the best approach to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back