Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schenck 2010 dyno control- torque analog out 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldone2

Mechanical
Sep 26, 2005
I am using an old Schenck 2010 to control a water brake dyno. I need to get an analog signal out for torque, as an input to a datalogger. Does anyone have experience doing this? I found a manual on the internet with PID tuning ect. but nothing about getting an analog signal. I was told that the signal is a 0-10V?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

koldone2,

I suggest that you contact Schenck and ask them what options they can supply or get details about the feedback instrument they use. This would allow an instrumentation or electrical engineer to develop a solution for you, if not available from Schenck.

Rink

Usually a load cell is used, which has an analog output. A signal conditioner is sometimes needed.

We have used Revere load cells with good luck, but there are many many brands out there that will work.

-Reidh

Dear koldone2, I really would like to know which Stephanie at "Schenck" (today HORIBA ATS) helped you out.
Someone from HORIAB ATS, Troy?
The controller you use is our old LSG2010 controller where we still can support you on request.
- mikelantis

Mikelantis,

"Dear koldone2, I really would like to know which Stephanie at "Schenck" (today HORIBA ATS) helped you out.
Someone from HORIAB ATS, Troy?"

Not sure about Stephanie's last name but yes she works at Horiba in Troy (service/support area)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back