Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCR GEQ CR81 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

APSKAFT

Electrical
Mar 1, 2003
SE
I have acquired a surplus UPS where the AC to DC part consists of a 3 phase transformer and a rectifier bridge consisting of 3 SCRs and 3 diodes. The PCB for the trigging electronics is missing and I have to make a new one. I need to get hold of the data sheet for the SCR but have not had any luck searching www. The SCRs are marked GEQ CR81 M06 JY It might be that the one is in fact an i .

Can anyone help me to find the company that GEQ stand for or where I might be able to find a data sheet ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is very common for SCR's to be screened for specific electrical parameters and those parts assigned a special customer specific part numbers. You might search for "GE SCR" and see if you can find a data sheet for parts with similar packaging and appropriate voltage and current spec's.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know the brand of the complete unit, but the transformers for the DC to AC part were from France.

hi..

if it is made in france, it is possible that it is made by MERLIN GERIN, one of the biggest manufacturer of UPS in Europe which is located in Grenoble, France...if i'm not wrong..

can you describe me the color of the unit itself?..is it dark blue? or cream?..how many kva?...is it model maxipac?or EPS series, SX or SXM....?

chances are you are looking at the UPS's part number and not the part number of the component...

dydt

Hi,
I have not found any name or number on the unit itself. The door and sides are missing. The AC to DC transformer is marked 7.8 kVA, and it is Swedish, i.e. where I live. I did not find the transformer company Axel Åkerssson, but I think that will not take too much time.

The GEQ CR81 M06 JY is on the SCRs all right. By the way, the 3 power diods are all marked GEQ M151 600, and then 8207 or 8226. My guess is that the diods were made 1982, possibly week 7 and 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back