Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Scuderi Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Research Twingle engine if you like.

In my opinion the pumping and heat losses in the transfer port are such a big hit that the supposed advantages are fighting an uphill battle. The claimed (not measured) best SFC for the NA version is decidedly unbragworthy. The claimed efficiency of the turbo version is better, but still a bit hohum. Specific power output is pretty good for the turbo, although current production engines are better.

History is littered with people who have seen a pump and thought they'd turn it into an engine. This one has lots of money behind it compared with most.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

The Scuderi family has become really good at raising money and pumping it into marketing, and research, which mostly comprises simulation at a well known commercial research lab.

... which IMHO is just bleedng them to pay for ever more complex simulations without asking or answering the questions that come up when you actually fire up an engine for real. AFAIK, they haven't run an engine at a dragstrip, or on the street, or even in a lawnmower.

( I am related to the Scuderi family, but I have no inside knowledge of what they are doing. I have seen the presentation made to OEMs, just after they got all fired up over air hybrids, and before they got all fired up over variable valve timing. )

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

I read they are going to use those engines in generators to sell energy via a PPA since it would be cheaper to produce energy that way than with a regular generator or even buying it from the power company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back