Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Seamless and Welded Stainless Steel Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhibi

Mechanical
Sep 19, 2003
GB
Can some one help me with information on the approximate cost of seamless and longitudinally welded
22%Cr duplex stainless steel grade UNS S32205 pipes in the range of 6, 8, 10 12, and 18inches in diameter for pipeline construction.

Am hoping some one might have purchased these in the past and can contribute or direct me to a site where I can get information.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you try to send an email to your local pipe and tube supplier, asking for these prices? How would help you the pipe price in South Africa if you need them in Korea?
cheers,
gr2vessels

First, I don't make this kind of product anymore.
Second, You won't find seamless, it would be expensive and pointless.
If you want to just make one call try Outokumpu. It may not be the best price, but they should have info for you.

On all duplex products you need to require ASTM A923 testing. This is not a corrosion test, but a test to make sure that the anneal and quench were done correctly.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

Edstainless thanks for the info.

I do know seamless would be far more expensive, I was only hoping soneone has used these pipes recently and give me an idea of their prices.

I would not mind only prices for welded pipes if that is what you have, logistics is not an issue at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back