Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Section Curve Updating Incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rg006

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2008
US
Hello All,
If I open an assembly and make one of the pieces the work part. Then I try to create a section cut of the part using the z-plane as my cut plane. I then make the assembly my displayed part. If I make that same piece the displayed part it realigns the section cut to the current z-plane of the piece part. And when I go back to the assembly it is incorrect. I then have to open the section cut and click ok (without changing anything) and it updates and is correct. It seems that the section cut automatically switches to use what ever z-plane is currectly active, rather than being associated to the z-plane in which it was created.
Any thoughts on a fix?

UG NX3/NX4/NX6
Vericut 5/6/7
AutoCAD LT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello John,
I am talking about section curve in the curve toolbar. One of the options under section plane is to specify the plane. And I chose XC-YC Plane. I know that I can create a new plane and use that for the section plane and it will update correctly. I was just curious about why the XC-YC option would update different depending on whether or not you were in the assembly or the piece part.
Thanks,
Rick

UG NX3/NX4/NX6
Vericut 5/6/7
AutoCAD LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back