Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Select provious in model tree 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh070379

Mechanical
Nov 21, 2014
IN
Hi,
Is it possible to go to previous selection in model tree by shortcut or icon.
When we are editing the constraints, we select the one constraint, for example a plane, we select a center graph to view it location in model tree.
To come back to that constraint, we need to scroll back. If it is a small assembly, it has no problem.
In my assembly, more than 600 constraints are there. So, if go to previous option is available for model tree, it will be very useful.
Kindly give any idea.
Suresh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

not an answer to your question but something that might help anyway.

I sometimes open a second tree with the function "open is sub-tree" (you can pick the node level you want) so I can have 2 trees of the same structure.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Adding to itsmyjob insight, it is also possible to organize constraints in sub-groups. The sub-sets are added from within the Knowledge Advisor Workbench.

regards,
LWolf

Suresh,
Selections are captured in the Undo Stack. If you select a feature at the top of the spec tree, then select in empty space (to clear the selection) and finally select something at the bottom of the spec tree.

Pick the "Undo with history" button, you will see your selections stored there. Hit the undo button twice (for my example above) and the first feature that was selected will be selected again.

You can then type in the command line (or power input) "c: Center Graph" (without quotes) and it will center graph on the selected feature.

Once you type "c: Center Graph" (without quotes) in the command line, the next time you want to use the same command, click in the command window and hit the up arrow on the keyboard and it will put in the last command you typed.;)

You can also make a macro to do this but you would need to use a modeless form...this might be tricky for a beginer.

For a list of commands you can type in the command line select VIEW -> COMMAND LIST...NOTE: the list of commands changes depending on what workbench you are in...so certain commands only work in corresponding workbenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back