Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Selecting faces for mates, yields no onscreen menu results

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaugh

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2001
US
I tried asking this at the SW forums and no one bother to reply, so maybe someone here has seen this?

Sometimes while I am working in my assemblies and I am trying to mate components together I find that the mate's options in the on-screen menu does not appear. It seems to happen more often when I am selecting a face, edge, point, etc... that is more towards the edge of the graphics area. I don't think this should happen and unfortunately, I have been unable to find a reason why it happens. I have been seeing this issue since 2016 and for me, it seems to happen more often in 2017. I have not made the jump to 18 yet, so I don't know if this still occurs. I can say that I have seen this happen between companies and PC's so it does not seem PC related.

Seen here in this video:

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I watched your video... sorry, I don't have much of a suggestion for you. I don't use that thing anyway because my keyboard shortcuts are still faster.

Hi Scott,

I have had that happen quite a few times but had never associated the problem with being selections made near the edges of the screen.
Have you submitted a bug report?

Tick,

I might by that, but if I reselect the face after I bring it closer to the center of the screen it works fine. Sometimes by just reselecting it all again, it will work. It's a random occurrence for me, but I can recreate it on all files.

CBL - No I have not turned it into my VAR just yet. Waiting to move to 18 before I do.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back