Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serrated pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

valpe

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2009
ES
Hello,
I need some help. I am looking for a serrated pin of 0.8 milimeters (diameter) but I cannot find it. First at all, Does anyone know the ISO or another standard that it fulfill?
Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My local Home Depo has wire and plastic nails of about the size desired, with grooved (non spiraling) ridges.

At 74th year working on IR-One PhD from UHK - - -

Try McMaster-Carr.com - type "pins" into the search box.

From their list, you could look at:

DIN 7| DIN 6325| DIN 7979D | DIN 7979| DIN 7979D

ISO Specification
ISO 2338 | ISO 8734 | ISO 8735

The list probably has a lot of useless info. for you, but you don't specify axial, circumferential, spiral, or knurled "serrations" or grooves.

Thank you all,
What I am looking for is as a slotted pin in which the border of the slot have something similar to a sawtooth. I think this could be for let more compresion in order to help the assemblie. I have a hole of 0.8 milimeter and I want use it to fix a gear to the axis of a motor to avoid rotation between their.
Regards

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e6c29ec4-f783-4cc6-8e96-04089047951f&file=Dibujo.bmp
I wouldn't limit myself to the sawtooth pattern. Spirol is a highly capable supplier of this type of part. They have multiple types (grooved, coiled, etc.) to choose from.

Regards,

Cory

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back