Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sewage Ejector Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashain

Mechanical
Mar 2, 2011
US
We install new grind ejector pump and still not able to suck/cut the tissue paper (raw or recycle). The tissue papers are floating and the pump is not sucking the tissue papers. Any suggestion?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A mixer in the tank.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

I was joking about to install a stirrer. What type of mixer you installed? How do you control the mixer,run with the pump?

Paper towels, baby wipes, and facial tissues do not break down easily and should not be flushed into a sewer ejector pumping system. Toilet paper tends to break down quickly and should not be a problem.

Mixers are sometimes used on large municipal pump stations where restaurant grease floats to the top. You can purchase mixers with either a compressed air or an electric propeller as the mixer power.

You mention "sewage ejector". That implies a small residential sump pit. Mixers will not usually fit in these small pits.

You can try to adjust the float so that the lift station water level drops lower. That will leave less residual water in the pit between pump cycles.

You can also add some concrete fillets in the pit bottom so that the bottom of the pit slopes toward the pump suction.

Mine is College facility.
To Go Green, we use recycle toilet paper which is unfortuantely does not break down easily.
What I need is how to suck the paper which is floating at the top of the pit and cut/discharge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back