Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sheet Bodies Vanish When Moved To A Layer That's Visible/Selectable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlborough

Automotive
Jun 21, 2008
CA
OK, another problem that's driving me nuts. When I move a sheet body to a layer that is visible/selectable, it vanishes. Even when I try to unblank, it doesn't show up. Everything in the destination layer is visible except the one I just moved into that layer. The only way to make it visible again is to use the inquire function and move all sheet bodies back to layer 1. Any ideas why this is happening?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you didn't have other entities on that layer that were visible, I would ask if you had verified that the layer wasn't turned off using "Visible-in-view".

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."
-Dalai Lama XIV

Not a drawing and layer was not turned off using visible in view because there were other entities that were visible in this layer as you said.

But I did have to reset to Global (see jpeg below).

When I reset, it brought back not just sheet bodies, but a crap load of curves, points and saved WCS's. It looks like only tool solid bodies were visible in this layer and when I reset, non-solid entities became visible again. Ended up helping a bunch of colleagues having the same problems. In the 17 yrs using NX, I have never had to use this setting. Some goes for a dozen other engineers in my department. This happened immediately after the IT folks updated NX after fouling up an update last month when we had to rollback after an update to undo a mistake they made.

URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back