Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sheet Metal Flat Pattern Bend Display Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

crecore

Mechanical
Mar 11, 2010
US
We show flat patterns on our fabrication sheets.

We manually change the .2 below to .0 to hide trailing zero's as we program and bend to even angle increments almost exclusively.

Is there a way to change this in customer defaults somewhere and make it a site standard?

BEND <!KEY=46372,3.2@UGS.direction "UP" "DOWN"> <!KEY=46372,3.2@UGS.angle>

NX 1847
TC 11.5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are new parts based on an existing template?
If so, open the template and go to the sheet metal preferences -> callout configuration. Make your changes to the various callouts and save your template. New files created based on the updated template will honor your new settings.

If you use the "blank" template for new parts, make the same changes in the customer defaults (sheet metal -> flat pattern -> annotations).

The locations above are based on NX 12, they might be slightly different for NX 1847.

www.nxjournaling.com

Yes unless of course a save as or make unique operation is used. I thought that this was tried before by our previous cad administrator and it didn't "stick." I will try this again, thanks.

NX 1847
TC 11.5

If you make the changes on an existing part then perform a "save-as", the settings will carry over to the new part. I very rarely use "make unique", but I'd assume the same rules would apply (new file has the same settings as the originating file).

www.nxjournaling.com

I was indicating that a save as (and save unique) doesn't grab the new template, so this fix would only work for newly created files. I think that we are saying the same thing.

NX 1847
TC 11.5

When you update the template file, any new files created from the template will honor your new settings. You'll need to make the same changes to each part that was created before the change to the template. When the file is updated and saved, any new files based on it ("save-as"), will have the same settings. If you "save-as" a part that had the old settings, it will also have the old settings. When creating a new file based on an existing template, you are essentially performing a "save-as" on the template file.

Changing the customer defaults won't affect existing parts (released parts or template files), it will only apply to brand new parts (using the "blank" template) or perhaps when using the "inherit settings from customer defaults" option.

If your previous CAD administrator made the changes to the customer defaults, but you create new files based on a template (other than "blank"), you won't see the desired settings in your new parts. The setting is part specific and would need to be changed in the source template part.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back