Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sheet number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitulaaak

Automotive
Jul 5, 2007
US
I would like to create a followig note on my drawing:

sheet x of y

i would like x to be the number of current sheet and y the total number of sheets. Is there a way to create such annotation?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For NX 5, we have added the following 'automatic text' items:

Number of the current sheet: <W@$SH_SHEET_NUMBER>

Total number of sheets: <W@$SH_NUMBER_OF_SHEETS>

Numerator of the sheet scale: <W@$SH_SHEET_SCALE_NUMERATOR>

Denominator of the sheet scale: <W@$SH_SHEET_SCALE_DENOMINATOR>

Size of the current sheet: <W@$SH_SHEET_SIZE>

Units of the current sheet: <W@$SH_SHEET_UNITS>

Projection angle of the current sheet: <W@$SH_SHEET_PROJECTION_ANGLE>

Master Model drawing sheet part name: <W@$SH_MASTER_PART_NAME>

Sheet part name: <W@$SH_PART_NAME>

Note that we may add additional items in the future.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
UGS NX Product Line
SIEMENS PLM Software
Cypress, CA

Use part parameters from a program, so they all update properly.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Once upon a time... long, long, ago... I wrote a grip that would add 1-100 dwg sheets do a dwg file. The particular note you're refering was added 'on the fly' as a normal note and as the sheets were added. There were no attributes involved either, but the routine did find the total number of existing sheets and add new ones accordingly....

Anyway, I'm wondering if your looking for something to add a note to each existing sheet, auto update the sheet number & total sheets when adding new sheets, or something else (like just adding a note outside the dwg title area for manufacturing types to readily see...).

My grip may be able to be addapted to what you need... reply if interested.

Regards,
SS
CAD should pay for itself, shouldn't it?

I would probably be able to write a macro to do that. But I d rather have it as an annotation. The problem with the macro is, that you would have to run it everytime. Unless you could run it automaticaly...

What I normally do is use part attributes in my detail file. In my case I use the same template detail file that I have created with 20 sht's in it. I have an attribute set up for total # of sht's. All you have to do is make the text in your title block look to a part atttibute. So when you change the attibute it will change the note. I'm not sure if this will help, but I thought it might..

Have a look at using drawing templates as well. You'll find samples are shipped with UG that do much of what you will need. They work from palettes which are created as .pax files, so if you search the installation directories for those then you'll easily find the appropriately named files and you should be able to follow on from there. A great deal of the time and effort involved with setting up and customizing your drawing formats can be saved by simply adapting these samples.

Best Regards

Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back