Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcut toolbar NX9.0 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongoman

Mechanical
Sep 14, 2006
US
Hi

Is there a way to turn off the new shortcut toolbar in NX9.0 graphic window?
Whenever I left click the mouse in the graphics window it shows the shortcut toolbar, I would like to disable this behavior if possible.

Other than this little annoyance I am so far liking the ribbon UI.

Thanks
Rick D

Win7 64 bit w/NX7.5 and NX8.5
Vericut 7.2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I also desing in NX8.5 8 to 10hrs plus a day as do 15 others I work with. The Shortcut Toolbars is an annoyance. I have also accidentally deleted features because of it, and yes you can customize it and remove it but it is a painstaking process to remove from all slection options. It would be extremely helpful to be able to disable it with one simple toggle.

Hello guys,
I've went through the process of removing these shortcut toolbars that appeared. I got rid of these since I didn't really like that feature except for one stubburn bar; the constraint bar. Whenever I select a component in an assembly, I get this tiny box which I can't turn off or delete. I right-click it and select customize, but this particular toolbar doesn't show up in the shortcut list.
Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

JohnRBaker,

I'm having a similar problem as described here. I am working on a model with many 'dumb' lines, curves, and groups. I have been able to disable the shortcuts pop-up for lines, curves, splines, and groups. If I select a single line, or even multiple lines, the pop-up does not appear. If I select a single curve, or even multiple curves, the pop-up does not appear. However, if I select a line and a curve then the shortcut toolbar pops up! I included a screenshot to show this.

How do I change the shortcut option for a selection of multiple types of objects (like lines and curves, or curves and splines)?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cd29118c-5717-491b-8bba-efb57d2019c7&file=NX-ShortcutToolbar-Help.jpg
You have to Customize every combination of selection schemes, as I described above.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

John,
the issue I have is that the specific toolbar that shows a constraint button when selecting a component in an assembly doesn't show up in the customization menu. I don't know if there's an other way of "calling" for that toolbar by activating assembly mode or something?
I tried several things but apparently not the right one since I haven't been able to resolve my issue...

Thanks
41EX

41EX said:
I don't know if there's an other way of "calling" for that toolbar by activating assembly mode or something?

Open an assembly, switch to the modeling application, start the 'customize' mode -> shortcut toolbars, select a component; the 'component' toolbar and radial pop up should appear, customize these to your liking. If you remove all the buttons from the toolbar, it should not appear when you select a component. If you have removed all the buttons and something still appears, double check the 'all objects' toolbar (also found in the customize -> shortcut toolbars).

www.nxjournaling.com

Thanks for the answers.
But this is exactly what I did and the bars either keep coming back (even when switching from a file to another) or I can't disable them at all.
I guess I'll have to get use to it...
Thanks

I can say that after a week of not being able to turn off there shortcut toolbars (as stated above, they don't "stay" off!), it's really annoying.
Ending deleting or hiding a part because that damn toolbar appears isn't something I'll get use to or get to appreciate.

I hope that I'll find a turn around because now all what was mentioned in this thread or what I could find somewhere else really isn't doing the job. I don't know if customer defaults may be the cause of all this, but it's really a down grade in my opinion. There should really have a simple OFF option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back