Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Shunt Reactor & Teaser Reactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linspire

Electrical
Sep 24, 2012
Hi guys,

I would like to ask how you guys pick right rating for teaser reactor based on the shunt reactor ratings ?
May someone can enlighten me the explanation for shunt reactor & teaser reactor ?

I'm first time see the equipment drawing, not much electrical technical background, and given task to check whether it can be compatible on the substation system.

Regards,
Linspire

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Of course it depends on voltage and power ratings, but 12 tons is not unreasonable for a shunt reactor used for voltage/var control. 12 tons sounds too big for a teaser reactor.

Weight of 12 Tonnes may be reasonable for a teasor reactor used at the neutral of a 400 KV 3 phase shunt reactor. Similar single phase reactor of 400 ohms weighed 7 tonnes.

Is there any technical particular & guarantee for teaser reactor that I should take note ?

According 7anoter4, the ABB handbook, does not state clearly how calculate / design the teaser reactor ?
My shunt reactor rating was 5 MVAR 275kV/(root(3).

Is there any important need to take note in term of maintenance for teaser reactor ?

Another question is, why manufacturer submit a higher voltage rating for Type Test report for shunt reactor ?
Is it acceptable ? They submit 420kV shunt reactor instead of 275 kV/ (root (3))

I would go back to the manufacturer. The reactance is measured at rated voltage, if you arent running it at rated voltage then you won't get the rated MVAr.

Also a good idea to check the rating plate vs the type test certificate, they may have made an error in authoring the cert.

Or you are looking at withstand voltage instead of rated operating voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back