Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens NX9.0>>Translators>>Dxfdwg

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinv

Mechanical
Mar 21, 2015
IN
Hello mates,
I have around 150 NX 2D drafting files which need to be translated into *.dxf format. I used "Dxfdwg" option available in translator. But while opening that dxf file using AutoCAD 2015, drawing is not available under "Model" tab. it appears under "Layout" tab in AutoCAD. But if I export individual file using File>>Export>>AutoCAD DXF/DWG, then it converts the file correctly.

Please suggest which settings I need to change.

Nithin
Tool design - NX 9.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

maybe try translating to a .dwg instead of a .dxf and see how that works.
It seemed to work better for me,
You will also should get better results when you utilize 2D Exchange

Yeah tried that way too. It creates two files as "filename_MODEL.dwg" (which contains a 3D model of the file) and "filename.dwg" (which contains 2D drawing under Layout tab).

And in NX 9.0 dxf/dwg convertion is moved from 2D Exchange to AutoCAD DXF/DWG option.

Nithin
Tool design - NX 9.0

Any suggestions on this fellow NX users?

I've got one additional problem like whenever I translate a drafting file (Using File>>Export>>AutoCAD DXF/DWG) with two or more drawing sheets it export the first sheet every time even though the active sheet may be second or third one.

Your support is highly appreciated.

Nithin
NX 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back