Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sil Braze relief valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

beretta24

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2006
US
Working on a lube system for a military application and the pressure relief valve specifies a Sil Braze connection for the bronze valve. What is the best method for interfacing the valve with the 316 stainless steel tubing?

Brian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you're braizing copper to brass/bronze, iron, or stainless steel. The prefered method is to go with a BAg (braizing silver) alloy 45% and to use a braizing flux/paste. I would wrap the valve in a wet rag so as to avoid damaging the internal parts and watch your heat it is easy to overheat the metals and burn the flux.

I'm not a real engineer, but I play one on T.V.
A.J. Gest, York Int.

Thanks, do you know of any reference material which outlines the process in detail? The reason I ask is because we will have to have a detailed description of the assembly process.

Brian

Try this site Then go to applications menu and find the technical references What your looking for is The Copper Handbook it's about 56 pages but you can get it as a PDF file and download it.

I'm not a real engineer, but I play one on T.V.
A.J. Gest, York Int.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back