Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silicone keypad with TPU film

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy1

Mechanical
Sep 16, 2005
US
I am looking for sources of molders that have experience with molding silicone keypads with TPU film molded over the outer surface of the keypad for durability. We would need design assistance from them as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

legacy1,

And what part of Planet Earth may you be positioned? (Lat/long, nearest country, big town or city will do)

Cheers

Harry (UK)

Hi Rob,

Then I guess "I don't know" is the answer.

I would guess most of this sort of stuff would be made in Asia - certainly the high volume stuff.

Cheers

Harry

Harry

When they don't say, there is a 90% chance they are from the USA.

It is really quite naughty to then recommend a supplier from some remote corner of the planet. I often cannot resist the temptation to be quite naughty in this regard.

Regards

eng-tips, by professional engineers for professional engineers
Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Where you chose to make a product depends on how many you intend to make and the cost sensitivity of the product. Small volume products are less costly to make in the the country where the design originates because the cost of travel and coordination can easily eat up any savings coming from lower cost labor. There is a smaller LIM molder in Spring Grove Il., which has the equipment and experience to make keypads for you. If you are going to make millions of low cost consumer disposable products, exploring the low cost opportunities in China may be worthwhile.

dwightdixon,

Could you pass on the name of the company in Spring Grove? Our volumes justify staying in the states.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back