Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Simpson Beam Seat 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JStructsteel

Structural
Aug 22, 2002
US
So it seems Simpson has a connector for everything, except a double 2x beam to a concrete pier. They have them for LVL (CCQM series), but not dimensional lumber.

Whats a good detail for a double 2x beam (deck beam) to a concrete column. Column 12"x12". I am thinking the META strap, but if not an intuitive item like a beam seat (where if they get it wrong, they are screwed) vs a strap they just jam in somewhere.

I thought maybe a nailer plate expansion anchored in and then some clips. Again, just seems alot of work for my end game.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Im not thrilled about having shims of plywood on a deck. To me it would look like we didnt know what we were doing.

I did find the ABA24-2Z base, its adjustable so it would fit nicely.

JS said:
Im not thrilled about having shims of plywood on a deck. To me it would look like we didnt know what we were doing.

I did find the ABA24-2Z base, its adjustable so it would fit nicely.

Are you sure they make an ABA24 base? I think the ABA44 is smallest and it is 3 1/2" wide so it needs shims. The adjustable part is the hole in the bottom for placement.

I didn't know about the ABA24 either. Good to know.

But keep in mind it's only 3.125" tall. I wouldn't count on it to provide meaningful rotational restraint for the beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back