Simulate bolted connection fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaffy

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2020
CA
Good morning fellow engineers, I hope you are doing well

1st: I am trying to simulate a fixture as shown in attached file. Eventually I would like to find reaction loads / moment at fixture and thus selecting isolator based on that. Any ideas on how I should proceed?

2nd: Is it possible to use a coordinate system as reference in solid works simulation?

Thank You
Kaffy

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8128cd56-7988-4266-b04a-671b363dd538&file=fixture_detail.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you don’t want to include the geometry of a bolt without thread, you can use bolt connector in SolidWorks Simulation. And yes, local coordinate systems can be used in this software.

Thank you very much. I was able to use coordinate system for remote loads but do not see the option of using coordinate system for fixture. Can you please elaborate or show a screenshot?

It seems that local coordinate systems can't be used directly for fixtures in SW Simulation but you may use advanced fixture and select a reference geometry such as a datum axis (it can be aligned with an axis of a local CSYS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back