Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Simulation of Tensile test coupon for large plastic deformation and stress triaxility correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedyhope

Mechanical
Sep 6, 2013
MY
i am simulating tensile test coupon to get true stress-strain beyond necking through revers method or so called trail and error method using Abaqus. the problem am facing is that, when i run the simulation using standard solver the obtained force is very high compare to experimental one. however, when i use nonlinear geometry option (NLGEOM) in abaqus the the results seems good until the non-geometrical necking start where the global force will drop rapidly. i tried to solve this through necking effect correction but it does not work. any hint will be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thank mrgoldthorpe

yes its an option that requires additional work to get model parameters for Gurson model. but the experimental load-displacement does not show any softening till the fracture point which correspond to localized necking. the weird thing here is that the load (from simulation) after elastic limit shoot a bit high compare to experimental results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back