Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Single Angle Design Manual 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARose

Structural
Mar 17, 2011
US
I have the 'Single Angle Design Manual' (by Whitney McNulty). On the back cover it talks about how "A CD-ROM (available separately) automates the flexural analysis of any simply supported, uniformly loaded single angle."

That didn't come with the book and I can't find it anywhere on Amazon. (It may be obsolete (at this point) in whatever application/program it was meant to be used in.) Has anyone ever seen this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I was unable to find a location to obtain the CD-ROM, I believe McNulty is on Linked-In your best bet may be to try and message him on there. A co-worker had the spreadsheet and gave me a copy so I stopped my search.

Yeah, I downloaded it from somewhere after having purchased the book. I've dropped my email onto my profile. If you send me a message I'll fire you a copy.

I'm interested in the excel sheet too! Thank you.

Question for other users....How do you pull up someone's profile? When I click on TLHS's name, I just get TLHS's posting history. I'm not seeing a profile lookup tool or search box.

I pulled my email address out after I talked to WARose. I have no worries sending WARose a copy, because he bought the book. It's a situation where the author put a bunch of work in to write and self publish a reference, and if you trust the spreadsheet then you don't really need to get his really well thought reference. The spreadsheets were supposed to be distributed with that.

He likely wouldn't mind, since he appears to be retired, but I don't want to undermine a guy's engineering side project.

That being said, like most stuff it's out there in the world. I just don't want to organize policing distribution.

As I recall Chris Earls, perhaps faculty in Pennsylvania somewhere did a fair bit of research on the topic circa 1990 to 2000. I think that's the source of the single angle tables in the AISC steel design manual. Wasn't there a solo publication on single angles prior to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back