Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sketch- extrud cut-"endpoint wrongly shared" message-used to highligt

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
sw 2003 plus, When I make a sketch and try to extrude it I am getting an enpoint wronly shared error, which means either theres a break in the contour or there may be double lines. I cant find where the problem in the sketch is, but I remember that I used to get a different color where the problem area is. Is there a setting to make it do that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look under "System Options --> Colors". This is where all the sketch state colors (i.e. underconstrained = blue) are controlled.

[bat]All this machinery making modern music can still be open hearted.[bat]

Another way to locate the error is using 'check sketch for feature" under "tools" -> "sketch tools". make sure the entire sketch is in the viewable area before selecting the command. It will highlight the error but won't tell you if it's an endpoint error or a duplicate entity.

Eholmes

The "check sketch" option is a good one as eholmes suggested. Additionally while using that option, you will need to specify the extrusion or cut that you are wanting to generate. Another option, may not be the best or fastest, but, at times I will delete the line/lines in question and draw a new line from node to node. This generally works as a result of removing the suspect entity.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back