Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sketch Rectangle Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHalloran

Mechanical
Aug 29, 2003
US

I just sketched a 3 Point Center Rectangle, with the center aligned with the center of an existing circular object.

At least that's what I intended to do.

I could swear that when I clicked for the third point, the horizontal half- length of a side, SW accepted that width, and then all by itself shifted the whole thing to the right by half a side, so that what I drew ended up as a 3 Point Corner Rectangle, which was _not_ what I wanted.

Am I hallucinating, or is this another damn hoary old SW that everyone else already knows about?

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mike ... Very good. (Especially coz' he agreed with me) [lol] Now why didn't you get your VAR contact involved here with your first rant question? [poke]

bigbenbob ...Greetings. Now that Mike has re-broken the ice for you, I hope we 'hear' from you more frequently than once every 3 years. [wink]

I did vector Ben to lurk at some of our earlier discussions, just as a way of illuminating what I was trying to say.

Perhaps he's now realized that E-T can be a force multiplier wrt inducing SW to actually fix things that aggravate all of us.

Please do keep politely complaining to your respective VARs.

Oh. To answer the question about why use 3 Point Cent instead of Cent, I was trying to proportion something by eye from an illustration, and I wanted to evaluate and adjust the width and height of the rectangle individually.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

I noticed this Bug while Testing SW2009 and reported it to SolidWorks and they opened an SPR for it. I don't happen to have that number handy right now but when I do I'll let you know the SPR number so you can be added to notification list.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back