Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

slot-packing at motor D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imep

Electrical
Oct 14, 2005
RO
I wish I knew what generate slot-paching at a motor d.c. whith commutator-brushes.Which are possibilityes factors to generate?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"Slot packing" is a deposit with graphite,copper and other impurities between the commutator bars of the motor.This deposit is possible will produce shut-down of the motor.Please, excuse me english!I'm beginner!Thank you!

This is a bit outside of my specialty, imep, but I do know that selection of the "right" brush for your motor can be a fairly complex issue.

A good electric motor repair shop should be able to help you with this. There are hundreds of different carbon compounds from which brushes are made and the running conditions of your motor might just require something different.

It is not only a motor, they are more motors and they're serial produce.They using in the application following:climatizer and air conditioned for automotive.I will my presence a series of tests for the determination causes. The characteristic of the motor is:U=12.5V,I=19.7A,n=3450rpm,M=0.4 Nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back