Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap Increments for Move Face and Offset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickemeyer

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2011
US
My NX 9.0.3.4 started doing a strange thing, if I do a "Move Face" and try to drag the face, it only wants to do it in 5" increments. I can't get it to just drag like normal. If I type in a specific distance it still works but the visual drag will only allow increments of 5. Same with the offset command, but that one only lets me drag in increments of 0.25. It never did that before, I'm not sure what has changed. I didn't do any updates recently. Is there a way to fix this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try clicking the reset button on the move face dialog (circular arrow on the upper right).

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX11 with almost every MR (24versions)

This may be a silly question but is snap to grid perhaps not switched on?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."

No matter if I'm zoomed in or way out it does the same thing. I clicked the reset button on the move face dialog and that didn't fix it. The grid snap is not on.

If I'm in an English file and zoomed in, it won't even show the drag preview because the first snap increment is larger than my screen size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back