Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

software for mdr forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

itgeek

Computer
May 11, 2012
US
We used codeforms by platcom, but they are no longer in business we are looking for another software product that will allow us to enter the mdr form data and save it to go back to and review. any suggestions would be appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I lookeda t both of these and there are a few things that do not fit our needs and we are not sure ho to handle. namely on u3 the table on item 12 nozzles the table needs to have different widths such as type needs to be wider and so does nozzle. the other thing on the same form is it needs more lined for remarks. what is anybody else doing in these situations

As I am the one maintaining bpvinspector.com... I understand the forms cannot meet everyones needs and as long as the content is "essentially" unchanged from the Code, you are able to edit the forms as you see fit... I used to keep the forms updated in Excel but, it is a real task to keep them ALL up to date... All I do now is import the words directly from ASME's website and place fields selecting font size etc.... using Adobe X Professional.... which will allow conversion into Microsoft Word Forms.... where additional tweaking is needed. I would recommend investing in Adobe X Pro for many reasons along with the latest MS Word only because they are the most widely used general purpose software programs that Certificate Holders should have. Once you have a template of your own setup.... it is simple to replicate... and since the Code is always changing, it would be best not to rely on others to remain updated.... Itry to get all forms updated each year.. but can make no promises. Just my $0.02

FAQ731-376 A question properly stated is a question half solved.

Thank you for the input I did take the word version of the form on bpvinpector and modifyed the size of the columns in the tables and then went through adobe to make it a fillable form seems to be wroking good.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back