Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfabian

Structural
Jul 2, 2003
US
I am having a really hard time finding the software called "ADOSS". I heard of it through this site, but have not been able to find their website. Does anyone have the we address?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

JAE, I have been to the PCA website and that module looks like a one-way slab program. I have not been able to find the ADOSS software, but many people have mentioned it. ADOSS is suppose to be able to do two-way slabs and quite possibly PT slabs. Does this info help.

thanks

andyfabian - it is two way as haynewp says....Two way slabs are designed as one way strips made up of column and middle strips per the equivalent frame method of ACI 318. This design is performed in the two orthogonal directions and combined to form crossing column and middle strips of reinforcing.

If you've ever seen a slab like this reinforced in the field, from a bird's eye perspective it looks like a plaid-type layout with dense steel at columns, moderate steel in strips along column lines, and lighter steel in the mid-bay areas.

Thanks guys. I understand the concept of the design of a two-way slab by hand, but I thought that a program would utilize a FE method and not actually have me input the information individually for each strip. I finally tracked down the software, and you're right it is PCA Slabs. It doesn't do exact what I was hoping for so I am going to review RAM Concept and compare...

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back