Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Solar grid tie battery 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmoked

Electrical
Feb 18, 2005
US
Trying to build a system that has a couple of solar panels to charge a bank of batteries.
Once the battery bank is fully charged (the normal state) the solar transitions to grid tie.
The bank is only for power failure backup.

Anyone doing this or have any experience with it? Suggested equipment?

A couple hundred watts. Output 120V.

I've combed ebay for a while but I'm not seeing it.
It's such a logical configuration it makes me think there's a different way everyone does this that I haven't recognized yet.

Keith Cress
kcress -

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Personally, I would connect the solar panel to the electrical network and, through an independent battery charger, connected to the electric network, I would charge the batteries. Otherwise you need a grid connection inverter to UPS mode in case of power failure.

I believe, as Waross said, that the issue of charging the batteries can possibly be solved by using a small independent charger and charging the batteries for a fairly long period of time. You can use a digital battery charger that monitors the voltage values of the battery, or an automatic battery charger, which will load automatically. There are some compact battery monitoring systems that can solve the problem. are you ask us for a suggested equipment ?, it would be very difficult to select a battery charger in particular, I could suggest the Amperis brand, but it all depends on your budget.

Greetings and luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back