Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Source for pressure vessels

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsurikov

Aerospace
Jan 20, 2003
US
Hello everyone,

I am hoping you can refer me to a manufacturer of a pressure vessel. I need a cylindrical pressure vessel made out of metal, between 5 and 7 inches inner diameter, between 12 and 18 inches tall, with detachable cover (of some sort), rated up to about 20 atmospheres. I do not need more than this pressure. I'm really not sure where to look - what I've found so far is all rated to much higher pressures (and correspondingly more expensive). Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much!

Best regards,
--Michael

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure where you are wanting this vessel shipped but it is small enough that you should get someone local. This is something fairly easy for someone with an ASME section VIII stamp. This can be found by doing a internet search for your local area or in the U.S. a book is published for each state showing who holds what stamp. Ones I have dealt with is Wendland Mfg. in Texas, Niles Steel Tank in Michigan, and Kennedy in Indiana. I would think any smaller tank shop would help you out. If you are not picky the geographical area Wendland is 915-655-6778. They are small enough that I think they would be interested if you supply them a drawing of what you want.

If you are still in need I beleive that I have what you need hanging around my shop collecting dust. It currently has a few internals but they can be removed with minimal effort. Drop me a line markkevin@fab-conservices.com

Thanks for all your input, everyone - and thanks for your offer, Markkevin! I wound up finding a couple of unused pressure vessels in our institute. Incidentally, I work at a research institute in Germany; the vessels are to be used for a "quick-n-dirty attempt" at some results, and we are not concerned about specific ratings or standards like ASME. It just has to be "good enough for us". I pressure-tested the current vessels myself up to 2x the pressure I need, they work, and everyone's happy :)

Cheers to all,
--Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back