Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spark Plug reach / inducing turbulence

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinniew

Computer
Apr 14, 2006
US
I've given up trying to patent anything. So, here's my idea:

what if you welded a single-blade propeller (a twisted piece of metal) to the top of a spark plug to induce more turbulence and get a better burn?

I'm thinking of doing this just for the neat-o factor on my truck. Will the engine explode if the welded piece falls off? Anyone have any idea how much space there is between the top of a spark plug and the piston head in a 351M Ford engine?

cc: vinnie@trunade.com if you don't mind...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

well, probably the peace will fall off, cousing lots and lots of damage to the engine.
if you give me some specs on bore x strock and comp ratio I could give you estimate on how much there is space.
try on making not a spark plug based ignition, but on flame. if a flame would ignite the fuel, the total combustion would be almost 100% and you will see not less that 30% of power increase. most suitable for slow engines like big block. how it works I know, and even saw one working but diferently, but its more fun figuring it out. enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back