Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Specification tree moves. Bug or functionality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fighterpilot

Military
Nov 5, 2004
US
In Catia V5R13 if I put my cursor finger in the specification tree on any of the horizonal branch lines and left click, the model dims and I'm able to move the tree around as well as zoom it in or out. If I click on the line again, the model rehighlights and everthing is back to normal.

It was quite confusing as to what was going on until I happened to figure it out. Is this functionality or a bug?

Thanks..

--
AJ Troglio, Manufacturing Engineer
The Boeing Company
St. Louis, MO

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is a functionality, but you can take it out in
tools>options>general>display>tree manipulation
there are a few options there that you can choose
hope it helps

I'm disabling, quite irritating.

Thanks....

--
AJ Troglio, Manufacturing Engineer
The Boeing Company
St. Louis, MO

Functionality. When you click the spec tree lines or the axis system at the lower right, you go into tree mode. I don't recommend disabling it. It's nice to be able to zoom the tree in and out. Just don't click the lines.

It's very handy when you have a lengthy tree. The trick is to try to avoid selecting geometry under the tree.

Have you discovered you can zoom the tree to make the text larger or smaller?

Another trick is to use F3 to switch the tree off or on.

....Jack
Boeing Everett

I forgot about F3. Maybe I will leave it on and just shut it off as I need to.

Thanks to all for the help

--
AJT
Manufacturing Engineer
The Boeing Company
St. Louis, MO

You can disable it because you can still activate tree zoom etc by clicking the axis in lower right corner and avoid clicking it accidentally when working on the tree.

Also, u can click the "AXIS symbol" located on the lower right corner of the screen, that is the same function to click the tree branches.
It is a good practice to choose the geometry from the tree, because u can do something OR make NC motion on it, even it is in HIDE mode.
If u have a big tree, just right click the graphic geometry and "Center graph", it will bring u right on the tree.

Have fun.

you can show / hide tree with F3

you can switch from tree/geometry with :
-SHIFT + F3
-clic in the tree
-clic on the bottom right white axis

you can zoom the tree when tree is active with
mouse center + mouse right and move up/down

you can zoom tree when geometry is active with
CTRL + wheel

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

If this behavior of the Specification tree is irritating then please Reduce the size if the Tree suitably (CTRL + MB2 wheel). And Whenever you are required to access the Specification tree, you can do so Toggling it using SHIFT+F2.
Regards,
Sandeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back